Friday, August 10, 2007

Metallica Denmark 13 July 2007

Something last forever !!!


God knows. I deserved to attain the Metallica concert. Moment was a moment that I have longed since 1994,when I first heard Enter Sandman. In the middle of the show, after they played Battery, they were about to end, so we said "we one more". James after some pretense said "You know we aren't going; not your first time seeing Metallica is it? If it is your first time ????? ", he said with his hands raising "Welcome to the Family".
I was touched and same time was in imperial.


Journey starts by approaching a wrong gate that was intended for workers :-).





When I reach the main gate, there were only few thousand fans at 3:30 pm.





We were all impatiently waiting for 6 o’clock for gate opening.




As soon as I got the pass, without a second thought I ran a 100 m race and got the first row, amongst the front most categories. I was the front most and middle most... huh!!!




To my surprise (forget about manipuri, indian or asian) I was the only black hair guy in the 50,000 crowd. See the crowd.




Some more crowd.







Come some numbers from some popular European bands.


At eight o'clock, Metallica is really going to start.




They have the instruments fixed by their supporting group and their specialty of sticking guitar picks on the microphone stands. Sounds were really becoming great. A plug in a single bass string even gives a sufficient jerk to the chest and some other fans standing besides me prepare their ear buds.


They come up with the following numbers, - - - - signifies other Metallica activities.

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Wherever I May Roam
Disposable Heroes
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
...And Justice For All
The Memory Remains
No Leaf Clover
Orion
Fade To Black
Master of Puppets
Battery
- - - -
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy
- - - -


There were this one the background



and suddenly from nowhere I saw James than I saw Krik in their full form, I was astoundingly surprise with happiness that I was senseless for the rest of the first two numbers (Creeping Death




and For Whom The Bell Tolls) and I keep singing the song aloud, with eyes closed and head banging (well afterward I was forced to consult a doc for my neck pain).
I could start lowering to senses abit in Wherever I May Roam




and was able to think that I should take some videos in Disposable Heroes .





Now comes ...And Justice For All, they really enjoyed playing this number and I guess I did the most head banging in this number.
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) was played exactly the same way, for a moment I wasn't able to convince myself the happiness I am through, thinking I am with Metallica, remembered all those yesteryears where I lie besides my music system listening to them, mesmerized.
Then Orion music was so heavily put-on that the music grows upon me.
Then comes Fade to Black




, my darling number; and in the midst when the heavy riff gonna start, James put in a nice way, making the moment just perfect by letting us wait as if we are waiting for a most awaited riff.
Master of Puppet




and




, I lost when I actually saw Krik playing the riff. This song is one of the most technical, melodious riffs driven song.
Battery and Sad But True




(one of their favorite song) goes as usual.

Nothing Else Matters




was the most perfect number and it seems that the song was sung for me. I miss the love of my life at that moment and I whisper her name quietly. This becomes the theme of this little review, SOMETHING LAST FOREVER!!!
Anyways, One




please don’t miss this video, it was wow!!!! The starting of this number was something I couldn't ever imagine, those presentations by bombs blast series and heavy colorful lighting, and following with James plug-in, again followed by Krik's spellbinding lead solo, and the ending double foot base drum of Lars Ulrich (My all time favorite drummer).Then comes Enter Sandman (I guess I don’t repeat my feeling now) but the last off timing uhh !!
was produce with a restless waiting followed by another bomb blast. This number is simply unique, the more you hear this song the more you extract some musical meaning out of it.
Whiplash




in a flash.
Lastly Seek and Destroy




, don’t know why this number still rocks since 1983,already 14 years in top list, better time be with us for another 11 years to become a hall of fame.



One great show was over, fans were relaxing and at the same time looking down in search of the guitar pick Metallica throws .



Never seen such a hugh crowd. Meet one Russian born guy, Alexander and we become good frens. On way back people were everywhere sitting, sleeping even on the road. They were doing anything. I came to hotel with Alex, had the sixth beer as a token to the most memorable moment of our lives.

No comments: